Get your position here


Sunday, September 11, 2005

Patriot Day









Silence and respect.

Resolve.

Way too many people have forgotten already. Maybe because I'm a born and bred New Yorker, maybe because my husband was on a plane that morning.

But I haven't forgotten.

One image will bring back all of the emotions of that day; the tears come easily, the pain still there.

When he finally called me and told me he was ok, I laughed and I cried. But the surreal images on the television stay in my mind.

They don't play the scenes on television anymore. They say it's too "painful".

I think that they should show them every hour on the hour. They should be broadcast on billboards in every town.

Maybe then people would remember. Remember how they felt that day. Remember how it didn't matter whether you were Republican or Democrat. Liberal or Concervative. Catholic, Baptist, Hindi, Athiest.

We were one as a nation. We had been ambushed and sucker punched, and we circled the wagons.

But it didn't last long.

Please remember how you felt that day. Remember for every single person who died. Remember for every single person who had a friend or family member die. Remember for yourself.

I'll never forget.

Watch this video. Look at the faces of 9/11. Remember how you felt that day.

Thank you Beth at MVRWC. Thank you www.gunstuff.com for the video.

"A great people has been moved to defend a great nation. Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shattered steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve."
George W. Bush
September 11, 2001


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home